Yet again, work is kicking my butt! It’s a beautiful Saturday afternoon, and my nephew’s 3rd birthday party, and yet here I am, at home.. WORKING! 😦
WAH!! Ok ok.. suck it up, buttercup, right? Plus a little extra $$$ never hurt anyone.
Fingers crossed that today is the last weekend of work, at least until the end of August.
What’s been going on in my little world?
Well, Crossfit is going really well still. Only able to make it to 4 classes/week, but hoping I can get back to 5 classes/week. This past Monday we were introduced to Good Mornings. And I definitely felt them in my legs the next couple days. My shoulder is feeling better and I’m able to do pull ups again, YAY!! I still need to push myself outside that comfort zone a little more. I’d like to set a goal of doing a muscle-up before my birthday (Sept) but I’m a little hesitant because it looks like such a hard move. This morning’s WOD was a partner workout, and between the 2 of us we had to complete:
200 wall balls
100 push ups
200 box jumps
100 overhead med ball walking lunges
It was a tough one but it was a great way to start a Saturday.
This past week I also came across an awesome cookie recipe.
Almond butter Dark Chocolate Chip cookies (Adapted from Amee’s Savory Dish)
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
2. Oil baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
3. Stir together first 7 ingredients. Mix well. Make sure honey is fully incorporated.
4. Add coconut and chocolate chips and mix until well combined.
5. Scoop with a cookie scoop onto cookie sheets. Bake 9-12 minutes or until lightly browned.