Can you believe it? April 30th, May is just around the corner and it snowed today. And it was windy so definitely not a nice day to be outside. And it was just so dark and gloomy outside, definitely made it difficult to be energized and motivated today. It was the perfect stay-in-bed-under-the-blankets type of day.
First off I want to thank my everyone for being very supportive and helping me feel better about my decision to not run the full marathon. It really puts my mind at ease to know that others understand my situation and that I’m doing the right thing by not stressing the injury by continuing my training.
Second, I want to thank a few individuals who have nominated me for blogger awards. Thank you!! There are a couple nominations that were made awhile ago, and I’m only finally getting around to posting it today. Sorry for the delay.
and to sheslosingit.net for the blogger award:
So again Thank you!
Blogger awards are meant to encourage people to continue writing and to help promote other blogs just getting started. The Rules: 1) Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site, 2) post the award on your blog, 3) write 7 things about yourself, 4) nominate other blogs.
7 Things About Myself
- I skipped the 6th grade. When I was in grade 5, I was in a grade 5 and 6 split class and found myself doing the grade 6 curriculum. The teacher decided that it didn’t make sense for me to go to grade 6 the following school year, so I went straight to grade 7. This meant that I graduated high school when I was 16 years old, and also meant I couldn’t drink at my own graduation party (legal drinking age in Canada is 18 years old)
- 2007 was a really big year for me. Within a 4 month time frame (April – July) I got married, moved into a new house and had my first child. It was an extremely hectic time, but I really can’t see myself doing it any other way.
- I’ve never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich or a peanut butter & banana sandwich. Definitely on my to-do list, just something I’ve never craved or thought about having.
- There are foods that I won’t eat simply because I don’t think I’ll like them. Like olives, never tried one but I don’t think I’d like it and so I never have, probably never will.
- I absolutely love musicals: Cats, Little Shop of Horrors, Les Miserables, Grease/Grease 2. I love the singing!
- Back in 2005, I was really considering taking a management position at lululemon. Then I realized that financially it wouldn’t work, and so now I’m going on to 14 years at the first company I worked at after college graduation.
- I wouldn’t consider my current job my dream job, but if given the choice to do something else, I don’t think I’d know what to do. I’ve yet to figure out what my dream job is and what my passion in life is.
And now I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the One Lovely Blogger Award: