First off, it’s hard to believe that it’s only 55 days til Mexico! The year has definitely flown by and I can’t believe another new year is just around the corner.
The past weekend was a pretty bad weekend in terms of healthy eating. Again, I didn’t go to any extremes, had a couple potato pancakes, some popchips, a handful of deep fried goodies. But nothing horrible. I still felt bad about it though. So today I’m back to blogging about my clean eating goal. We went grocery shopping yesterday, so meals and snacks are ready to go for the week. I do have a couple celebration meals on Wednesday but I’ll do my best to select the healthiest AND tastiest dishes.
For the next 5 days, here are my rules and goals:
- No processed food (although I’m pretty good with this one, just thought I’d list it anyway)
- If I have a cup of coffee in the morning, limit myself to a splash of french vanilla creamer. Ultimately, the goal is to not have any coffee, so I will try to have green tea instead.
- Add a veggie to every meal. The past week a few of my meals consisted of brown rice and protein.
- 180 lunges each day. This is going from the 5th floor to the 17th floor twice.
- Train hard and lift heavy. Hubby is home in the evenings so there’s no doubt he will be pushing me hard to lift heavy.
So far today has been going ok. I was up til 11pm working last night and had to be up at 5am to get ready for work. So I had my cup of coffee this morning. I had a slice of whole wheat bread w/ natural peanut butter for breakfast, but I really wasn’t impressed with the whole wheat bread that we picked up. I failed to check the ingredient list when I picked it up at the grocery store and I’m not too impressed with what I read. Oh well…
Anyway, shortly after lunch I had a bad craving for chocolate, for something sweet. I thought, I should just go and satisfy that sweet tooth, get the craving out of my system.
So I went down to the cafeteria to pick up this:
No worries.. it’s actually still sitting on my desk, untouched. Looking at it, I know that if I ate it, I’d feel bad afterwards and really it’s not even a good brownie.. just tastes like .. sugar.. hehe..
I’ve already tried giving it away to a coworker, but no one wants it.. hehe.. oh well. I’ll take it home to see if the hubby or kids want it. Lucky hubby can eat whatever he wants and still remains in amazing shape.
So here’s to Day 1. So far so good.
It’s only 55 days.. sounds simple doesn’t it?